CALVARY BAPTIST CHRISTIAN SCHOOL BELIEVES…
1. That the Bible is the revealed Word of God, that it is the one true source of knowledge, and that it is the final authority for faith and practice.
2. That Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that He is the Living Word Who is the source of all wisdom and understanding.
3. That God the Father is absolute and unchanging, that He is sovereign, and that He is Creator of all things.
4. That man is a sinner who cannot save himself and is in need of salvation which can be obtained only by grace through personal repentance and faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ.
5. That the born-again Christian, enabled by the indwelling Holy Spirit and guided by God’s Word, will desire to live a separated, Christ-centered life, the ultimate aim of which is to glorify God.
6. That Christian education is the process of training and developing a “Christian mind” (one that sees and evaluates as God does).
7. That the aims of Christian education can be organized into four basic areas: “And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.” Luke 2:52
A. Wisdom – mental discipline
B. Stature – physical health
C. Favor with God – spiritual needs
D. Favor with man – social needs